3D Printed Vase - Gradient Copper ShellThe Daily Rabbit
The Shell is a functional watertight vase, 3D printed with eco-friendly, degradable PLA bio-plastic (derived from corn starch). The‚ tiled shell surface is a playful nod to art deco design, and maximises the light reflecting properties of silk-effect PLA. ‚
Large‚ size is‚ 20cm (8") high.‚ Small‚ size is‚ 14cm (5.5") high‚ (more suitable for desktops and small side tables). Please refer to the scale photograph provided.
Notes on texture:‚
SILK PLA is solid colour, light reflecting, with a slightly metallic appearance. ‚ ‚
3D printing is a craft, not a manufacturing process: slight irregularities are to be expected, making each vase perfectly unique!‚
If you've never seen or handled a 3D printed object before, our vases may surprise you.‚ They are incredibly light, weighing between 50 and 200 grams. Here's some important tips for vase care and handling:
* Treat your vase like a handmade object. It is made up of hundreds of individually printed layer lines (not injection moulded).
* To avoid breakage, do not squeeze hard, and avoid dropping (particularly on hard surfaces). ‚ ‚
* PLA is not UV resistant, so vases are not recommended for prolonged outdoor use, or placement in very direct or hot sun.‚
* Half-fill your vase with water, and support from the bottom when lifting to avoid squeezing the vase.
* To clean, rinse between uses with cool water, and drain upside down. Not dishwasher safe.